HOSTEL (U.G., P.G. AND M.Phil)
Officers in charge of Hostel
Warden of Hostels---------------Dr. Madhusmita Pati
||Smt. Bandita Mohanty
Reader in Physics
Lect in Hindi
||Dr. Manorama Devi,
Associate Professor HomeSc
|Dr. Sabahat Tabriz,
Assistant Professor in Eng
Anupama Hostel (PG)
|| Dr. Nirupama Devi,
Reader in Sanskrit
,Reader in Psy
Strength of Hostels
Anindita and Ananya Hostel—Strength-------- 120 seats
Anupama Hostel -------------------------30 seats for PG students
Rules for the Hostel
Students, desirous of residing in the Hostel, will have to mention clearly in the application form under the appropriate head without mentioning the name of any hostel. No student can claim, as a matter of right, to stay in a particular hostel or in a particular room.
The selection for admission to hostel is made according to merit and good conduct, after admission into the college. Only parents natural guardians are allowed to meet their wards in the hostel and fill up their visitor forms which are available in the Hostel office.
Students living in the hostel will be under the direct control of the Superintendent and the University authorities. Hostel furniture, duly numbered, shall be issued to the boarders and the boarders shall be held responsible for any damage. In case of damage to electric installations, the boarders shall be held jointly responsible. Roll call and attendance will be taken daily at the end of the evening prayer at 5,50 p.m. in the dining hall by the Assistant Superintendent. All the boarders should be present during the roll call and in the prayer class. The boarders have to arrange their own electric bulbs. The hours fixed for the study are: ) 6.30 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
- 30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- 00 p.m. to 11.00 p.m.
Students are not allowed to leave their rooms or enter other rooms during study hours without sufficient justification, Viewing T.V. during study hours is not permissible. No boarder shall ordinarily be allowed to leave her room during study hours.
No boarder shall go out of College Campus without the permission of the Superintendent. All boarders should be in the hostel from 6 p.m. till 6 a,m. Absence from the hostel during these hours without permission of the Superintendent is strictly prohibited and will be treated as an act of indiscipline. Authorized visitors are allowed to visit the boarder in the hostel during visiting hours only. They have to sign in the visitor's book along with other necessary entries before meeting their ward. They may, however, visit the boarder in the hostel beyond the visiting hours with specific permission from the Superintendent only on the ground of the boarder's ill health of requireing urgent attention or on any urgent business, to be determined at the discretion of the Superintendent. Visiting Hours
- Monday to Saturday 4.00 p.m., to 6.00 p.m.
- Sunday 8.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Visitors will be received only in Visitor's room.
Parents of boarders are allowed to visit their wards on any day with due permission from the Superintendent. No boarder will be permitted to leave the Hostel without a letter of authority from the parents or local guardian concerned.
No boarder will be permitted to go home during the working days. Under special circumstances, she will be allowed to go home on production of a letter from her parents or natural guardian only. No boarder will be allowed to go home alone. She may, however, be allowed to travel during day time, alone, at her own risk, on production of an authorization letter from her parents or natural guardian, addressed to the Superintendent.
No boarder will be allowed to go home either alone or with an escort between 9.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. Boarders are not allowed to stay overnight with local guardians unless otherwise specifically permitted by their parents.
Boarders cannot stay in the hostel during any vacation except in special circumstances like exams. The hostel remains closed during the Puja and Summer vacation.
If a boarder wishes to return to the hostel after the Summer vacation, she must inform the Superintendent in writing before she leaves the hostel at the time of vacation.
No boarder shall leave the hostel permanently unless she obtains the permission of the authorities. An application for the purpose shall be made through the Superintendent of the hostel who will ascertain that all dues in the Hostel have been paid, and that she is not responsible for damaging hostel property; before forwarding the application with a "No-Dues" clearance certificate, The application shall be made by the parents or local guardian.
- Male visitors are not allowed to enter the hostel. Female visitors and Day Scholars are also not allowed to enter the Hostel Rooms without the permission of the Superintendent.
- All letters and communications to and from the boarder will pass through the Superintendent.
- Continuous absence from the Hostel for a period of one month will lead to forfeiture of the seat in the hostel.
- Boarders are allowed to visit their local guardians twice a month strictly on holidays and Sundays from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., on the production of an application by the natural or local guardian to the Superintendent.
- Boarders, should in all cases, obtain the permission of the P.G. Council Chairman through the Superintendent before joining or taking part in any association or meeting outside the college.
- All activities by the students, either for calling a meeting or circulating notices or raising subscriptions must receive the sanction of the Superintendent.
- The Superintendent has the power to censor all reading materials brought into the hostel. Possession and/or circulation of objectionable reading matter in the hostel will be regarded as a breach of discipline.
The following will also be considered as breach of discipline :
- Absence from the Hostel without leave.
- Continued neglect of the study,
- Spitting around the rooms and verandahs and littering the hostel premises.
- Want of cleanliness and tidiness in the room.
- Absence from the hostel in the evening without prior permission of the Superintendent.
- Writing on or disfiguring the walls, doors or windows of the buildings.
- Holding any special meeting in the Hostel without the approval of the Superintendent
- Bringing in guest to their rooms without clearance from the Superintendent
- Keeping of pets, transistors, cameras, valuable ornaments and heaters, stoves, burners, electric and/or non-electric.
- Non attendance during prayer without prior permission.
- The internal management of the Hostel rests with the Superintendent
- The Superintendent shall be in charge of general administration, finances and discipline etc. of the Hostel.
- The Assistant Superintendent shall be in overall charge of the Hostel Mess and perform other duties assigned by the authorities.
- The Superintendent shall nominate, one suitable boarder as the General Secretary to help her see to the inmates discipline and well being, cleanliness of rooms on the hostel premises, supply of water, electricity and all other amenities provided in the hostel.
- The Superintendent has power to punish any boarder for breach of discipline such as involvement in any case of ragging and theft. All cases of gross misconduct shall be reported to the P.G. Council Chairperson by the Superintendent.
- Use of mobile phones by the boarders should be restrained and judicious, and by no means should be a source of disturbance to fellow inmates.
- No boarder is allowed to entertain their college classmates in the hostel. However, they are free to meet them only in the visitor's room.
- Each boarder is required to submit a passport size photograph of herself and her local guardian at the time of
Expulsion from Hostel
- Students may be expelled from the hostel on the report of the Superintendent regarding violation of hostel rules.
- In case of communicable diseases, the hostel authorities may expel the student from the hostel if she refuses to be isolated.
- Prolonged and unauthorized absence from the hostel and regular non-payment of hostel dues shall invite
expulsion from the hostel.
- The boarders, residing in the hostel, are required to take their meals only in the hostel mess and they are strictly prohibited to prepare any food in their rooms.
- A mess committee shall be formed every month from among the boarders. It is the responsibility of the boarders to run their own mess. The Superintendent and Asst. Superintendent are only to supervise and guide them in smooth functioning of the mess. A mess committee headed by the Mess Secretary in each month will assist in running the mess.
- Mess charges are payable in advance. A boarder has to pay mess dues in advance at the time of admission into the Hostel per session. When she leaves the hostel permanently she has to produce a 'no dues' certificate. Monthly mess charges are not fixed and are liable to change during the session defending on the changes in market price (Vide DPI's Circular No. 20120 dated 16.04.1979 and G.O. No. 23280/E.S.S. dated 24.05.1980).
- If a boarder stays 10 (ten) days or more in a month in the hostel, she has to pay full monthly charges of the mess. But if she stays less than 10 days she has to pay half the mess dues for the month concerned.
- If a boarder remains absent for one month with prior permission of the Chairperson P.G. Council and Superintendent, she has to pay Rs. 100/- (subject to change) towards mess charges.
- 10/- Is to be collected as fine for each month if a student fails to pay her hostel dues within the stipulated date.
- With prior permission from the Superintended a female guest is allowed to stay in the hostel only in an emergency.
- The Warden's written permission is needed if the guest wants to stay beyond three days. In such cases, she has to pay the monthly hostel establishment charges as payable by regular boarders and mess charges determined for guests.
- Mess charges for a guest are same as that of a boarder, that is, Rs. 1200 per month (subject to change). All the guest boarders have to abide by the mess rules as stated under MESS RULES.
- Guest charges will be collected day wise, and not meal-wise.
- The guest who will remain in the hostel has to obey all the administrative and disciplinary rules of the hostel, and her tenure of stay in the hostel as a guest can be terminated at any time without assigning any reason thereof.
- The Chairperson, P.G. Council reserves the right to refuse admission to a boarder/guest into the hostel and her decision in this regard is to be treated as final.
- Boarders of different classes have to leave their hostels soon after their examinations are over, and can, under no circumstances continue their stay on any ground.
Indira Gandhi Post-Matric Adivasi Women's Hostel
- This is a special hostel sponsored by the ST and SC Development Department, Government of Orissa exclusively for the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students.
- Application for admission to the hostel is received along with the application form for admission to the college. These applications are screened by the Superintendent and hostel seats are allotted. Seats to be allotted in the rooms are determined by the Superintendent. The boarders get a stipend from the ST and SC Development Department They manage their own mess by themselves.
- Students living in the Hostel are under the control of the P.G. Council of the College. Rules for the maintenance of the hostel are framed by the Superintendent from time to time and the boarders are to abide by them.
- On admission to the hostel each boarder is required to pay approximately Rs. 300/- as mess advance. Except the mess charge no other charges are to be paid by the student.
- Parents or Guardians of the boarder should submit a list of authorised visitors and Local Guardians. The visitors are required to visit during the visiting hours as decided by the Superintendent.
Hostel for the Visually Challenged Students :
A hostel for the visually challenged students of this University is under construction. This hostel has the capacity of accommodating 100 students. It is going to be functional from the next session. These students will stay free in this hostel as there is no establishment charge.
However they have to pay the mess dues.